Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Words Of St. Paul The Apostle

The Conversion of St. Paul
Fr. Michael Zampelli, S.J. ....suggested that h@mos@xuality must be celebrated, not just tolerated. “In this case, tolerance is unacceptable,” he said. “Why? Because, I believe deeply (along with Paul in Corinthians) that ‘I am what I am by the grace of God.’ And I believe that I have particular gifts deriving precisely from this blessed but marginalized way of being in the world. What I see clearly now is my own desire: I want to be a subject sought out and valued.” 
Link (here) to the full story at the California Catholic Daily
.
A little context 
1 Corinthians 15: 9-13
For I am the least of the apostles, not fit to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective. Indeed, I have toiled harder than all of them; not I, however, but the grace of God (that is) with me. Therefore, whether it be I or they, so we preach and so you believed. But if Christ is preached as raised from the dead, how can some among you say there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then neither has Christ been raised.
Link (here) to the USCCB Bible

3 comments:

Maria said...

The 4 Sins that Cry Out to Heaven
Willful murder
The sin of Sodom
Oppression of the poor
Defrauding laborers of their wages

Note:
Genesis 4, Genesis 18, Exodus 2, James 5, respectively.

The 9 Ways We Participate in Others' Sins
By counsel
By command
By consent
By provocation
By praise or flattery
By concealment
By partaking
By silence
By defense of the ill done

Anonymous said...

Leftist prooftexting using the Bible in an attempt to justify unbiblical and unCatholic stances is always amusing.

Anonymous said...

Fr. Zampelli, really?? Come on now.