Saturday, October 30, 2010

"I Could Kill Him With My Bare Hands."

William Lynch made a trip in May to the Sacred Heart Jesuit Center in Los Gatos to see the Rev. Jerold Lindner, S.J. again."Do you remember me?" he asked the 65-year-old Jesuit priest. "You abused me and my brother." Then, police reports continue, the 44-year-old Lynch began punching Lindner, pummeling the older man so badly that he was hospitalized, his body covered in bruises. The beating may have been prophetic. In a 2002 interview with the Mercury News, he said his rage at Lindner for molesting the Lynch brothers when they were young children was so great, "I could kill him with my bare hands."
Link (here) to the full news account with picture in the Mercury News

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good and holy Jesuits rise up and fix this problem!

Maria said...

Oh, they are. Don't you read "In All thing" at America Magazine? The reader is continually assaulted w/ their homosexualist agenda. If one does not subscribe to notion that homosexuals are victims of uncharitable Catholics, well, one is persona non gartis. Don't name homosexuality as sin. It is to invite persecution by Catholic priests. This is the world in which we now live. Homosexual Jesuits who run America Magazine are repelled by the Truth, in much the same way as the enemy is. And, the Catholic Church permits them to do so, with impunity, I might add.

TonyD said...

I wish that the Jesuits would work on this problem. It is obviously endemic to the Jesuits.

At the same time, I don't think that it is worthwhile to mix in homosexual issues. These are two separate issues requiring two separate approaches. Conflating the two simply makes each harder to address.

Maria said...

Tony--I do not believe that in this instance they are separate and distinct. I just don't buy the argument, in general.

Maria said...

Fr. Jerold Lindner, SJ gave Fr. James Chevedden, a Jesuit priest who had been allegedly assaulted sexually by Fr. Lindner's friend, Br. Charles Connor, a ride to jury duty in San Jose on May 19, 2004. Three hours later Fr. Chevedden was dead.

The Jesuit Order paid $1.6 million in January 2008 to settle the wrongful death lawsuit regarding Fr. Chevedden. Br. Connor was earlier named in another case where the Jesuit Order settled for $7 million regarding the sexual abuse of two retarded dishwasher employees of the Jesuit Order.

TonyD said...

Maria,

If a house has an infestation it is not enough to simply remove the problem insects. And it is not enough to simply remove the attractive food. And it is not enough to simply find their entry point.

My point is that there are multiple issues, and multiple things must be done to address them.

Believe me, I'm not trying to justify current action.

Maria said...

You sure don't hear anybody at America Mag talking about this story, do you?