Tuesday, July 29, 2008

When In Rome, Do As The Jesuits Do

Blogger at Carmelite spirituality and the practice of mental prayer makes pilgrimage to Rome and makes Jesuit's Churches in Rome - Il Gesu and St Ignatius of Loyola an intergal part of his experience.
An exceprt.
Planning my little pilgrimage, I was determined to visit two Jesuit Churches, Il Gesu and St Ignatius of Loyola, as St Ignatius is my Patron Saint. Below is the little movie I compiled from pictures I have taken, but I also included several pictures from the web. The movie starts with Il Gesu (The Church of the Holy Name of Jesus) which is the Jesuit Mother Church.

It is built on the very place St. Ignatius chose for his headquarters shortly after he founded the Society of Jesus in 1540.

In the same time, Pope Paul III presented new formed Religious Order with a small neighborhood chapel, Santa Maria della Strada (Our Lady of the Wayside), which soon proved too small for quickly expanding Society.
Read the whole post (here)

1 comment:

Jay said...

Thanks for linking to my post and citing it, AMDG.
PS I am she.