Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fr. Deshi Ramadhani, S.J.

I am a happy 42 years old Roman Catholic Priest, a member of the Society of Jesus, known as the Jesuits. I was born and grew up in Jakarta.
That's why some of my friends call me "a spoiled city boy becomes a priest." I'm proud of that.
My undergrad was at the Driyarkara School of Philosophy, Jakarta (1992). I did my Baccalaureate in Theology (S.T.B.; 1996) at the Gregorian University, Rome. I was ordained a priest on July 30, 1996. I did my Licentiate in Sacred Scriptures (S.S.L.; 1998) at the Pontifical Biblical Institute (PBI), Rome. I earned my Doctorate in Sacred Theology (S.T.D.; 2004) from the Jesuit School of Theology at Berkeley (JSTB), Berkeley, USA, which is part of the Graduate Theological Union (GTU).
Now I'm working full time at Driyarkara School of Philosophy in Jakarta, Indonesia. For now, I teach mostly Old Testament.
My areas of interest in my research include Psalms, Song of Songs, Pentecostalism, Apocryphal Gospels, Theology of the Body. I'm also involved in some forms of Youth Ministry, in particular through a group called "Domus Cordis" (House of Heart). God bless you all!

Link (here) to Fr. Deshi's blog entitled You Are God, Not Us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm a big fans of him... i'm actually an Indonesian myself...