Saturday, June 18, 2011

Removed From Ministry

Fr. Glenn Murray, S.J.
The Society of Jesus has removed Fr. Glenn Murray, S.J., from the Ministry. Murray taught at Gonzaga from 1974 to 1976. Most recently, he was an assistant pastor at St. Aloysius Parish but wasn’t a staffer or part of the faculty at Gonzaga. There have been no reports of inappropriate conduct while Murray was at Gonzaga or St. Aloysius Parish.  
“I presume to take this occasion to assure all members of the Gonzaga community of our deep commitment to the safety and well-being of our students and all minors,” 
said Rev. Joseph E. Lingan, S.J., president of Gonzaga College High School. “I ask you to join in praying for the healing of the young person, now an adult, who came forward and for all those who are affected by this sad matter.”
Link (here) to the full story at WJLA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just another QUEER LITURGIST. Pardon the tautology.

Anonymous said...

I was never a fan of his flamboyant liturgical style.

Anonymous said...

The fire continues to burn.....

Anonymous said...

"Respectful and thoughtful comments welcome", it says here before I post.
Then I see the comment below me.

This "queer liturgist's" message 12 years ago helped me come back to the Church I had once left, and back to the loving God I no longer believed in.
Or should I say, God THROUGH J Glenn's message helped me return.

I just learned of this today. I am saddened and heartbroken, but I MUST first think of the victim and his family and what THEY have suffered due to J Glenn's actions. I am again reminded that I must hold God up to praise and worship and not any man, for as I am a miserable sinner, so can they be.

Nothing good here. Nothing.

Jill Montgomery said...

The fire continues to burn.....