Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Wonderful Jesuit Priest

Lynn Nordhagen
I had left the Catholic Church not just once but twice. I had grown up Catholic, before and during Vatican II. I enjoyed sixteen years of Catholic schooling, living close enough to walk to school all the way through college.
Our parish was known in town, deservedly or not, as the “Holy Land” because of having the grade school, two convents, a high school, a Jesuit university, 
and a very high percentage of Catholic families in the neighborhood. I loved the Latin Mass, and in high school and college, I attended daily Mass and Communion. I was young enough to accept gracefully the changes of Vatican II, but not without some sadness. A wonderful Jesuit priest formed a group for a few of us interested high school students to study the documents of Vatican II. We loved our Church.
 
Link (here) to read the conversion story of Lynn Nordhagen at Marcus Grodi's Coming Home Network
Lynn Nordhagen was born and raised in Spokane, Washington, and graduated from Gonzaga University. She and her husband, Marvin, now live in Chattaroy, Washington. They have four children and six grandchildren. Lynn is editor of the book When Only One Converts (Our Sunday Visitor, 2001).

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi! It was fun to find this link to my conversion story on your blog. I was actually searching for the Envoy Magazine version to share with someone. Recently, that "wonderful Jesuit" has returned to Spokane to retire. I am privileged to be able to provide transportation for his errands. It is such a blessing to have him back in my life on a weekly basis.

I'll be back soon to explore your blog.

Blessings,
Lynn Nordhagen