Friday, May 14, 2010

Dr. Jodi O'Brien, A L@sbian Professor At Seattle University

"For the past 15 years, Jesuit values have been at the center of my evolution as a teacher and scholar at Seattle University, which treasures its Jesuit Catholic mission. Because Marquette is recognized as one of the nation's top Jesuit universities, I was deeply honored earlier this year when I was offered the opportunity to help advance its Jesuit mission as Dean of Arts and Sciences. 
I said in my initial application letter that I believe Jesuit colleges and universities are uniquely positioned to provide an educational experience that fully prepares students for ethical leadership in our complex times. 
I believe in the Jesuit mission even more today as a result of the outpouring of support I've received from Marquette students and faculty. My hope is that members of the Marquette community will continue listening to each other, caring for one another, and striving for excellence consistent with the best Jesuit tradition."
Link (here) to the controversial figure at the Jesuit University of Seattle. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proves that "Jesuit" and "Catholic" mean two different things. The "Jesuit" educational mission is not the "Catholic" educational mission.

Joseph Fromm said...

I was thinking about a wolf in sheep's clothing