When the house at 500 Brookford Rd. was begun in 1929, on an overlook to most of Syracuse, it was described as the largest one-family dwelling in the city. It would be the home of Marjorie and Parker Stacy. He was a vice-president of a local coal company. The house endures, as one of the grand mansions of our town.
Today, it’s got a new role in the community, as Christ the King Retreat House and Conference Center, some 70 odd years after the Stacys lived there and 65 after it was acquired by the Jesuit Order for retreats by its priests.Today, Christ the King is operated by the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse as a special address in the community.