Friday, January 23, 2009

Former Jesuit On Fr. Roger Haight, S.J., Rome And His Temporary Vocation

Roger Haight, SJ, completing his trilogy masterpiece in Ecclesiology, only to be punished again, this time more severely by being banned from teaching theology "anywhere in the world."

Pundits attribute this second execution to Pope Benedict XVI's ungodly fear of "Relativism" stalking a stricken Eurocentric Church,

with ancestors in a Greco-Roman world of classicism and a language the rest of the globalist world cannot understand. As one of the Companeros, I have my own loves and fears, likes and dislikes, which I used to feel so comfortable in -- and often still do -- by a childish faith of not to worry, for

I don't have to get all worked up about being "Catholic" as long as I can stay "Jesuit."
In an old man's way of thinking and breathing in, breathing out, my loves are local, here, now. Even as a Jesuit scholastic, Rome meant little to me. Shadowbrook and Weston and Sophia were my life and my love and where all my friends were, too.
In Compañeros, that feeling remains, as it had in all the years after leaving the Society, with reading, sticking with a private interpretation of "our way of proceeding,"
occasional contacts with classmates here and there over the years, and a deep sense of gratitude for what was always to me a temporary vocation inside the Society, to last for the rest of my life, outside.

Read former Jesuit Paul Kelly's post (here) entitled Global Catholicism, at his blog called Kingfisher, Dragonflies and Stones

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.utsnyc.edu/Page.aspx?pid=1413

Memorandum

Date: January 21, 2009

To: The Union Theological Seminary Community

From: President Serene Jones

Subject: Professor Roger Haight to Become Scholar in Residence at Union

I write to inform you that beginning June 1st of 2009, Professor Roger Haight will conclude his formal teaching responsibilities and take up the position of scholar in residence at Union Theological Seminary, a move that will include a cessation of his traditional teaching responsibilities but will continue his important presence at Union as a theological mentor and scholar. As has long been the case, Union continues to appreciate the academic and community building gifts that Fr. Haight brings to Union, to theological education, and the church at work in the world today.

Serene Jones, President

Union Theological Seminary

www.españa-3d.com said...

Well, I don't actually think this is likely to have effect.

Order Pills Antibacterial said...

I am very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us this useful information.