Saturday, October 18, 2008

Jesuit Fr. Louis L. Renner: My Call To Be A Jesuit And A Priest

Jesuit Father Louis L. Renner:

I can only say that the religious practices of my childhood on that North Dakota farm and
the basic teachings of the catechism drilled into me at that time led to my eventually becoming a Jesuit
and a priest in only a very general, seminal kind of way. They were the sowing of the seed that, under God's divine providence, was eventually to come to maturity in the form of a genuine vocation to Jesuit life and the priesthood. It was not until I was well into my junior year of high school, that I recognized, beyond a doubt, my call to be a Jesuit and a priest. For me, the two, while one is not the other, the two are inseparable.

Link to Fr. Renner's full interview at Ignatius' Insight Scoop (here) .

1 comment:

reg11756 said...

Looking for Fr. Renner. Is he still alive? Can he be contacted? He recounts the funeral of my wife's grandmother in Ruby, AK in one of his books and we would love to hear from him.