The Jesuits are asking for legislation based on five core principals shared by the USCCB's Justice for Immigrants Campaign.
1. A path to legalization that ensures undocumented immigrants have access to full rights.
2. A legal employment structure for future workers that protects both migrants and United States workers.
3. Expedited family reunification and emphasis on family unity.
4. The need for due process and humane enforcement of our immigration laws.
5. Economic development assistance and fair market access for developing countries.
For the complete text of the letter, go (here)
Link (here) to the full article at Oregon on Faith
Link (here) to a very interesting article from 1891 with heavy Jesuit influence in Philippino immigration.