Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fr. Ferenc Holczinger, SJ : Hungarian Jesuit

My experience as an educator is mainly related to my work in a Hungarian Catholic school after the fall of communist regime. I started teaching theology and philosophy in a brand new Jesuit middle and high school in 1998, and also for some years I worked in administration as the director of the boarding residence. As an educator responsible for boarding students, I had to look at our new educational organization from a particular perspective; namely, I had to perceive our school as a community based on mutual respect and collaboration. For instance, an important number of boarding children were aged from 11 to 14 years old, and first and foremost they needed a caring and safe community. Therefore, as educators, we were permanently challenged to re-create our role just from the beginning. Link (here)

No comments: