Wednesday, September 3, 2008

An Interview With Former Jesuit Malachi Martin

Q. So you left the Jesuits. But that didn't relieve you of your duties as a priest. What is your status today?

A. At my request, Pope Paul VI granted me a universal status where I would not be under the supervision of any bishop. I don't dress like a priest and I don't hold any priestly assignment. But I am still a priest.

Q. When you sought to leave the Vatican, was there any attempt to talk you into staying?

A. Yes, I was told that I could expect to made a cardinal, that I had biblical knowledge, a facility with languages, youth, excellent health, and a good memory, all of which made me a candidate for advancement. But I didn't want to stay because I saw that the faith was being compromised by many.

Link to the full interview Fr. Malachi Martin (here)

10 comments:

The Last Ephor said...

That begs the question: At what point do you leave something you love rather than stay inside and fight to right the ship?

Have you ever read any of his books? I've been looking for Windswept House for ages but can't find it.

Anonymous said...

Malachi Martin had an adultery relation( when he still was jesuit) with a friend's wife in Rome. This is well known.
So my trust in him is "nothing".

Anonymous said...

And he was banging some woman if memory serves correctly...

Joseph Fromm said...

Dear Anonymous,

The allegation against Martin was made by the koo-koo Robert Blair Kaiser, about two years ago. Robert Blair Kaiser is a former Jesuit.
Read more about Kaiser http://goodjesuitbadjesuit.blogspot.com/2008/02/e-fantasy-life-of-screwy-ex-jesuit.html

Anonymous said...

Dear Joseph

I live in Italy and I knew long before.

The Last Ephor said...

Fr. Martin's behavior aside, I was asking about his novel. Moreover, I'm looking for any recommendations for good (contemporary) Catholic fiction.

Anonymous said...

Conservative, pro-life, pro-popes (JPII and B16) Jesuits told me that Martin did have an affair with Kaiser's wife.

Anonymous said...

Right. And they said so only years after Fr. Martin has died. Such cowards. Such liars.

Malachi Martin's book, "The Jesuits" is the best book on good Jesuits, bad Jesuits. It answers all your questions.

Fr. Hardon agreed with the contents of that book. Read it!

Anonymous said...

I don't know if the adultury story is true or not. If it is true that the pens and tongues started wagging only after the man was dead, that is significant. If one has something to say like that about another, then it ought be said while the accused can respond in person. Otherwise keep quiet.

Thom Nickels said...

Listen to the collected audio tapes of various Malachi Martin interviews. He describes the Satanic Mass that took place in Saint Paul's chapel, within the confines of the Vatican. He puts Joseph Cardinal Bernardian at this "Mass." Martin hints that the unrevealed Third Secret of Fatima pertains to the ravages of Vatican II, a misguided pastoral council that demolished Catholic liturgical tradition, and opened the windows--not to fresh air--but to the "smoke of Satan (Pope Paul VI). Martin was a prophet and possibly a saint. Highly articulate and intelligent.