Monday, October 8, 2012

Fr. William L. Kelly, S.J. "Coming To Christ"

A life without prayer is a life without God. A life without God is meaningless. Many people in various walks of life have been convinced of our  Lords words:  
"I am the Way, the Light and the Truth." 
But not so many have found the practical way of making this truth the driving force of their own lives in a way that goes beyond the general practices and devotions of our faith. You are probably one of those who have sought a a more personal love of Christ, a more intimate life with Him who said: 
"Come to me all you who labor and burdened, and I will refresh you!"  But this "coming to Christ" 
is not easy as one might think. it is not a simple action-but a way of life. This seems to be in all love.  The way to Christ is the way of prayer.  It is the only path by which we can go to Him.
An excerpt of Fr. William L. Kelly's forward to his book entitled, Women before God. This book was published by the Newman Press in 1961

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have this book - it was my Mother's. It's a lovely prayer book and I'm so glad to have it.