On December 9, the Catholic League filed a formal complaint against attorney Rebekah Nett for the anti-Catholic comments made by her and her client, Naomi Isaacson. Subsequently, Isaacson, who is also a lawyer, has made more Catholic-bashing remarks. We are now filing a complaint with the Minnesota Office of Lawyers Professional Responsibility against her. Below is an excerpt of her bigoted comments as reported in the Pioneer Press.
- She calls U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Nancy Dreher "Popess Dreher" and "a secret Catholic Knight Witch Hunter."
- She calls U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Dennis O'Brien a "dastardly Jesuit."
- She calls the court-appointed bankruptcy trustee a "mindless numbnut [who] would follow church orders with a vengeance."
- She accuses judges and trustees of conspiring to liquidate the company's assets "for pennies," saying the proceeds will go "to members of the Catholic Church."
- She refers to a contempt-of-court order by Judge Dreher saying, "We may as well flush her papal bull order down the toilet."
- She says the court "is an arm of the church to force the minority to be converted or face the consequences just like during the Dark and Middle Ages."
- She calls one trustee "Grand Inquisitor."
- She calls the attorney representing the U.S. Trustee Program a "Papal Drummer."
- She says Judge O'Brien converted the case to Chapter 7 "on papal orders."
- She accuses the Church of bringing illegal immigrants to America "so their population can outrun that of the Protestants and they can turn the country into another Spain."
- She says: "The Catholic Church has millions of Jesuits working undercover around the country to fulfill the church's agenda. They give orders, pull the strings, and their puppets like Nancy Dreher jump like zombies."