Thursday, June 19, 2008

On A Latin American Jesuit Education

An excerpt of a large post.
So if the world had not been smiling by cheering the exclusive club, "Educated by the Jesuits" I would not have processed that with her. I said, "Father Thelen went out to work with the Indians after he was provinicial and i think it was to re-energize. He told me after I exposed the scandal, 'Teresa, you know when to do the right thing.'" He was referring to King's suggestion that Conscience asks us to do the right thing. Hey, I am Jesuit Educated. Aint that something?! Wow that makes me part of an exclusive group.
When I asked Father Tom Hughson, SJ back in the 90's in theology class, "If the people in Latin America were educated by the Jesuits why are they shooting the Jesuits?" he yelled at me for asking the question.
I don't make statements in disguise of questions I thought if we were having a discussion we could help the understand. Shocked, I went to Helena to tell her he yelled at me for asking the question. She said, "Oh, Teresa, you hit something in him." They don't like questions they like group think tanks where being somebody is being from a group instead of being real and open to ideas.

Link (here)

No comments: