Friday, March 28, 2008

Three Brothers Becoming Catholic Priests, One Has Joined The Jesuits

Answering God’s calling
Vincent Strand, S.J., 25, was a student at Marquette University studying biological sciences and theology when he began to feel that God was calling him. He said that he began to spend time with people from the Society of Jesus, also called Jesuits. "I really became convinced that God was calling me to be a Jesuit. I really thought he was asking me to do it personally," Vincent Strand said. "The call was not vague or abstract, it felt very concrete to me and that Jesus was speaking directly to my heart." In December 2004, he began to apply for admittance to start the novitiate process with the Jesuits. He is currently in New York City (Fordham) striving for a master’s degree in philosophy as part of his education process in the Society of Jesus. "There was just tremendous peace, joy and freedom," he said about pursuing God’s calling.
More on Vincent Strand, S.J. (here) and (here)

Link to the full story and read about Vincents brothers (here)

No comments: