Friday, September 14, 2007

The Triple Colloqey, My Blessed Lady, My Virgin Queen

John Brown's Link (here)

The Triple Colloquy
O Mother of my Savior, my Blessed Lady, my Queen, vouchsafe to intercede for me with thy Divine Son, thy Lord, and obtain for me these three graces: The grace to know with a full knowledge, to feel profoundly, to deplore and to detest my sins; The grace to feel and realize the disorder of my life, to hold it in horror, to reduce it to rule, and amend it, and to correct myself; The grace to know and detest the world, to put away from my soul, and keep out of it all worldly and vain thoughts, and to renounce for ever the world and all its vanities. Hail Mary… O Lord Jesus Christ, for the sake of Thy Blessed Mother, obtain for me from the Eternal Father these three graces: The grace to know with a full knowledge, to feel profoundly, to deplore and to detest my sins; The grace to feel and realize the disorder of my life, to hold it in horror, to reduce it to rule, and amend it, and to correct myself; The grace to know and detest the world, to put away from my soul, and keep out of it, all worldly and vain thoughts, and to renounce for ever the world and all its vanities. Anima Christi… Eternal God, Father Almighty, in the Name of the Word made flesh, I beseech Thee to grant me these three graces I implore of Thee: The grace to know with a full knowledge, to feel profoundly, to deplore and to detest my sins; The grace to feel and realize the disorder of my life, to hold it in horror, to reduce it to rule, and amend it, and to correct myself; The grace to know and detest the world, to put away from my soul and keep out of it, all worldly and vain thoughts, and to renounce for ever the world and all its vanities. Our Father…

No comments: