Thursday, May 14, 2009

Man Masquerades As Jesuit Priest

Jay Leno was taken to a hospital near the studio where he tapes the show and now reveals a weird stalker almost got past staff by pretending to be a man of the cloth. Appearing on fellow TV host Ellen DeGeneres' daytime show on Wednesday (13May09), he explained,
"I'm lying in the bed... and I hear, 'I'm Mr. Leno's priest; I'm here to see him.' Well, I'm not even Catholic."
A quick-thinking nurse realized the mystery man was a fake when she quizzed him about his religion. Leno added,
"He said, 'I'm Jesuit Priest so-and-so,' and the nurse goes, 'Most Jesuits call themselves Father,' and he takes off."
The chat show host still finds the story funny, but TV bosses at NBC weren't laughing - and they boosted security outside Leno's room. He revealed, "It was like the Godfather - I'm in the room at the end of the hall with armed guards. It was ridiculous." Leno was diagnosed with exhaustion.

Link (here)


No comments: