Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Pastor Of The Worlds Third Largest Methodist Church, Crosses The Tiber

Welcome Home!

Personal Transition of Rev. Allan Hunt
January 2008
After much prayer and meditation over the past six months, I have shared with Bishop Lindsey Davis that I am relinquishing my status as an ordained United Methodist pastor in the North Georgia Conference. This deeply personal decision reflects my sense that God has called me to serve in a new mission role. Moreover, I believe that God has led me to a new spiritual home in the Catholic Church, so I have made provision to be received as a member into that Church. Anita plans to continue her ministry with children in the United Methodist Church, and I naturally will continue to support her and that ministry with my prayers and my regular volunteer service. I pray God's blessings on my brothers and sisters in ministry in the United Methodist Church, particularly the wonderful family of believers at Mount Pisgah.

Allen

Link To Allen Hunts blog post (here)

More on Allen Hunt (here) , (here) and (here)

Hat tip to my brother!

No comments: