Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Jesuit Novice On GC 35 And Theater

From The Life and Times of a Jesuit Novice
So, GC35's first order of business will be to elect the new Superior General and then he will preside over the rest of the congregation where several issues, from the vow of obedience to ecology, will be discussed. I am blessed to be experiencing such a major event so early in my Jesuit career. As novices, we learn about the working of a congregation, but we don't often get to experience one so shortly after those studies. I am very interested to read the documents that will come out of this.In other news, we sorta began work today at Brebeuf. Although the students don't come until tomorrow (Tuesday), the faculty had a meeting/work day today. I met with some people with whom I will be working throughout the semester and got a little better idea of what I would be doing, not the least of which will be working with the theater department. The first rehearsal for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is scheduled for tonight, which I am definitely looking forward to. I'm sure there will be many more interesting stories to come from that, so stay tuned...




Link (here)

No comments: