|Assumption Parish in Windsor Ontario|
In 1728 a mission to the Huron Indians was established near Fort Pontchartrain (Detroit) by Father Armand de la Richardie, S.J. The mission was moved to Bois Blane Island and the adjacent mainland in 1742. In 1747 it was destroyed by disaffected Hurons and a party of Iroquois, and the next year re-established in this vicinity.
became the first pastor of this parish, the earliest in what is now Ontario.
Link (here) to the historical marker