Saturday, May 24, 2008

A Jesuit Doctor Of The Church On The Rosary


St. Robert Bellarmine, S.J.; "The Rosary, Are You A Friend Or Foe?"
Brethren, do we appreciate the full value of the Rosary? Are we its friends or are we its enemies? We are, you say, its friends, But alas! as many a man will say: "I am a Catholic, but I cannot say I practice my religion," so many of us will have to say: "I approve of the Rosary, but I cannot say I practice it." To each I say equally: "Stuff and nonsense; there is no Catholic but a practical Catholic, and there is no friend of the Rosary but he who practices it often and well." "He that is not with me is against me," is not less true of Christ than it is of the Church and the Rosary.
St. Robert Bellarmine - The Yoke Of Jesus
St. Robert Bellarmine Quote: The Role Of Mary
And still more.
Saint Robert Bellarmine "How Suffering Results In Greater Charity"
Thank you J.M.! Link to his St. Robert Bellermine blog post (here)
What is a Doctor of the Church? and why is Bellermine one of them? (here)

No comments: