Sunday, June 17, 2012

"Jesus Is Beautiful, Jesus Is Beautiful."

Oh supernatural beauty of my Jesus, which made an impression even on the animals themselves! Oh ungrateful men, where is your heart? Is it possible that you are not moved at the sight of such lovable beauty? The cause of your insensitiveness is obvious: If you do not love Jesus, it is because you do not know Him. My brother, what is it that has the greatest power over your heart? Beauty, is it not true? Why do you not turn then your love towards this beauty of Jesus so pure and so holy? If only you knew, my brother, how beautiful He is, my Jesus ----- "Love Me, My daughter," He said one day to a virtuous virgin to whom He appeared, "Love Me, My daughter, because I am beautiful, generous and noble of heart." 
Yes, my lovable Jesus, You are certainly beautiful and You have by Your beauty alone softened the most obstinate hearts from evil ways. Fr. Bernard Colnago, S.J. found himself once in a cottage with five brigands and a wicked woman. What did he do to convert them? Did he open Hell before their eyes? No, but assuming a religious countenance, he said to them in a serious and modest tone, "Jesus is beautiful, Jesus is beautiful." 
These words were the arrows which pierced those hearts of stone and all were converted. 
Link (here) to read the full mediation entitled The Beauty of Jesus by St. Leonard Port-Maurice

4 comments:

Maria said...

TEACH ME, O LORD

Teach me, my Lord, to be kind and gentle in all the events of life, in disappointments, in the thoughtlessness of others, in the insincerity of those I trusted, in the unfaithfulness of those on whom I relied.

Let me put myself aside, to think of the happiness of others, to hide my pains and heartaches, so that I may be the only one to suffer from them.

Teach me to profit by the suffering that comes across my path. Let me so use it that it may mellow me, not harden or embitter me; that it may make me patient, not irritable; that it may make me broad in my forgiveness, not narrow, proud and overbearing.

May no one be less good for having come within my influence. No one less pure, less true, less kind, less noble for having been a fellow traveler in our journey toward eternal life.

As I go my rounds from one task to another, let me say, from time to time, a word of love to You.

May my life be lived in the supernatural, full of power for good, and strong in its purpose of sanctity. Amen.

(Father John A. Hardon SJ Catholic Prayer Book with Meditations p.49)

http://youtu.be/-3A3B02WSC0

Anonymous said...

May my life be lived in the supernatural, full of power for good, and strong in its purpose of sanctity. Amen.

Maria said...

http://youtu.be/ZWt5y301BSY

Anonymous said...

http://blog.beliefnet.com/prayerplainandsimple/2011/07/a-prayer-for-victims-of-sexual-abuse.html