Monday, August 30, 2010

Jesuit On Dessert And St. Bernard Of Clairvaux

St. Bernard of Clairvaux
In Jesuit communities in the U.S. there is almost always some dessert option after dinner. If you are as lucky as I have been in the past three years, you are blessed to live in a community where the cook is particularly talented with cakes and desserts. So when I came to Rome, I was sad to hear that we wouldn't have that everyday here.  Now don't get me wrong, I certainly don't need dessert. In fact, truth be told, I am better off without it, but it seemed like it just might be one more annoying cultural adjustment that I would have to make, then I strangely realized that I kind of liked it.
Link (here) to the entire blog post that is really not about dessert but real nice reflection on St. Bernard of Clairvaux and St. John of the Cross entitled, The Road From LaSorta by Scholastic Micheal Rogers, S.J.

1 comment:

www.estadisticasweb.biz said...

This can't have effect in actual fact, that's exactly what I think.