Monday, January 14, 2013

I Don’t Have Children Because I’m A Jesuit.

“I have seven niece and nephews.  Other kids are children of close friends of mine.  I don’t have children because I’m a Jesuit.  But I have a lot of friends who are young couples having children now and raising children.  The biggest difference between other careers and being a priest is that I give up a lot of controls of my own life.  I can’t decide where I work.  We have leaders in the Jesuit school help us decide where we should work.  We can not get married because we feel if we don’t have our own family to take care of we will be more available to work for other people.  Many times in my life I had the desire of having my own family.  Seeing these pictures must show you that I love kids.  That is why I enjoy visiting my friends and seeing pictures of the children.”
Link (here) to Fordham Observer to read the full piece about Fr. Vincent De Cola, S.J.

1 comment:

family care foundation review said...

Having a child is not literally means that's come from you. We are all a children of God but does we literally came form God's flesh?. So love each other is the best and right way to do.