Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kibeho

Our Lady of Kibeho
Soon after I asked the Virgin Mary to help me find a place to spend quite time with God, Sarah's mom invited me to Mass at a chapel I had never been before.  When we got there I knew God had answered my prayers.
The chapel was a part of the Christus Center a beautiful Jesuit retreat on the edge of Kilgali, nestled in a narrow valley between two hills with a beautiful vista of farms and fallow fields. 
The grounds of the Christus Center overflowed with life: monkeys chattered in nearby banana groves, cows grazed in the distant fields and flowers bloomed everywhere.  I could taste the air on my tongue, sweet with the aroma of blossoming chrysanthemums.
Link (here) to the portion of the book entitled, Led by faith by Immaculée Ilibagiza

Blessed Mother of Kibeho (here) 
Heaven's perfect existence -- a place where colors "sounded" like music and music seemed like colors -- where one can breathe "water" and drink light? (here)
 

1 comment:

Joseph Fromm said...

It is interesting to note that the relationship with Our Lady and the Society of Jesus was strong and remains strong. She seems to seek them out.