Monday, May 17, 2010

Movie: The Jesuit " Not What You Think"

Paz Vega, who I thought was a dude while I was reading about this movie (I'm in the middle of cup of coffee number 2, the third is about where I start thinking like a normal person). Imagine my joy when I plugged her into IMDB. It was and is a crying shame that the only thing I've seen her in was "The Spirit," and I've done a lot to forget "The Spirit." Anyway, it looks like she's leading the casting charge in a new ensemble drama from Paul Schrader (director of "American Gigolo," last seen directing "The Walker" in '07) called "The Jesuit."  I'll spare you the cool things I Googled about Jesuits. Let's go straight to the plot description: Storyline revolves around a man nicknamed "the Jesuit," who is imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit. When his wife is murdered and his son kidnapped and taken to Mexico, he devises an elaborate and dangerous plan to rescue his son and avenge the murder.
Link (here) to the full review

No comments: