Friday, September 14, 2007

The Curt Jester "Pitting The Mass"

........Now I am all for the reform of the reform and I am hopeful that Summorum Pontificum is a movement along this path. New translations coming within the next couple of years are also going to be quite helpful along this path.
People complain about abuses precisely because they are abuses - they depart from the missal. I just think it sets up a false dichotomy to make a comparison between ordinary form of the Mass celebrated improperly and irreverently with the extraordinary form of the mass celebrated correctly. These attitudes against the ordinary form of the Mass are common among schismatics and sedevacanist and I wish they were less common among those who don't fall into these groups. Lets have both forms of the Mass in the Latin rite celebrated properly and work to those ends.
As I end this post I am watching the start of the Solemn High Mass: Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite on EWTN.
(link)

No comments: