On Sunday 2nd December we celebrate the 300th anniversay of the first Catholic priest taking up residence in Liverpool since the Reformation. On that date in 1707, Fr William Gillibrand SJ moved into a room above a grocery shop in John Street (now North John Street) in Liverpool city centre. He had regularly travelled from Crosby Hall to say Mass for the growing Catholic population. After the 10.15am Mass, Bishop Tom Williams will dedicate a newly carved shrine of Our Lady of the Quay (the dedication of the first Liverpool chapel) to commemorate the anniversary.
Check out Catholic Church Conservation's post on the subject (here)